Friday, July 30, 2010

Coming Soon: DC Summer Restaurant Week

For those of you who don't know (because you are either a n00b or you have never lived in/near DC), DC Restaurant Week is the most AWESOME time of year.  AND IT HAPPENS TWICE EACH YEAR!  Ok, maybe it's just the most awesome time of year for those of us who are MAJOR foodies and can't really afford the expensive restaurants on a regular basis like we wish we could.

DC Restaurant Week is the time to try something new.  There are TONS of restaurants that participate in providing a 3-course meal for either $20.10 (lunch) or $35.10 (dinner) (price doesn't include beverages, gratuity, or tax).  The DC Summer Restaurant Week dates are August 16-22 and often times, there will be participating restaurants that extend the week into the following week as well (giving me more time to try more restaurants!).

I'm not gonna lie...I definitely made a lunch reservation at SEVEN different restaurants for each day of DC Summer Restaurant Week.

You're probably thinking, "Cara, you cheap bitch.  Why are you only going for lunch?"

Well, my schedule doesn't really allow me to go out for dinner.  I work 4pm-midnight most nights and when I'm not working I have class from 6pm-9:40pm.  No time for DC Restaurant Week dinners.  And anyways, if I'm going to do this everyday that week, I might as well go the cheaper route...it's already going to cost me $140 before tax & tip.  I better start saving (or maybe cancel a reservation or two).

DC Restaurant Week's official website: http://washington.org/restaurantwk/

My week of lunch reservations include the following restaurants.  They are in no particular order because....well...I don't want stalkers.  If you know me and you are my friend, email me.  I will surely respond.  My reservations are all for 2 people, so if you have some time on any of those days (August 16-22) to join me, PLEASE DO!

Anyways, my reservations include:
Morton's the Steakhouse (Downtown DC location)
Fire & Sage (EDIT 7/30 @ 11:30am:  I've got my lunch companion!)
The Oval Room (EDIT 7/30 @ 11:30am:  I've got my lunch companion!)
Juniper at the Fairmont
Sonoma Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ceiba
BlackSalt

No comments:

Post a Comment