Sunday, January 3, 2010

The countdown begins...

It's 1:45am and the roast is in the crock pot.  Here's to hoping it turns out well.

Ingredients:
Dry rub:
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder.

Sauce:
1 8oz jar of persimmon chutney
1.5 (ish) cups of white wine
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried minced onion
Unknown amount of honey....2-3 tbsp?
Pinch of kosher salt
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Possibly some forgotten ingredients

Roast was placed fatty side down.  It will be cooked on low for 8-10 hours (checked at the 8 hour mark).

Before Picture:



The sauce tasted good before I put the meat in...but then that was before I put all the ingredients for the sauce.  I'm hoping (praying) that it turns out ok.  We shall see I guess.  Also, as I said before, I'll be using a roux to thicken the sauce...if it needs thickening.

Maybe I should have browned the roast before I put it in the crock pot?  I guess it's too late now.  If the recipe is good I will try browning it first next time to give it a little extra flavor!

I plan to serve it with some delicious German Spaetzle (a tiny pasta).

WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment