Monday, January 18, 2010

School is in session!

Ok, I know I said I'd make the hamantaschen a week ago but life gets busy and sometimes you have to put things off!

Anyhow, some of them turned out okay.  No pictures for those.

I did make marshmallows and bourbon custard tonight too.  Those recipes will follow soon!

On another note:  SCHOOL IS IN SESSION!

My class this quarter is Baking & Pastry.  I'm definitely enjoying it.  I started reading the book before school started and realized that I think I want to be a pastry chef.  I think working in a restaurant and seeing that world also helped me come to that decision.  I enjoy it there...but I think I'd rather be playing with pastries and breads and confectionary treats than anything else.  I always have so much fun with those!

This week in class we did quick breads:  scones, shortcakes, biscuits, morning glory muffins, and sour cream muffins with streusel topping.  Erin took a picture of most of those.  I'll have her send it to me so I can post that for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment