Monday, December 28, 2009

Get Me Out of Here!

Yes.  CA is lovely.  But I'm ready to go back to VA.  Send me back where I belong.

I want to cook more...and I should...while I'm here.  Maybe I'll make some spaetzle with the spaetzle maker that Heather and Rittik bought for me.  I guess I should take advantage of all the glorious counter space in Mom's kitchen while I'm here....and her nice, clean pots and pans.  Having nice things...that is why I want my own place.  I want to just start anew so I have things that are taken care of from the beginning....and cutlery that doesn't accidentally get thrown in the dishwasher (but saved by me just in the nick-of-time).  I love my roommates to pieces...but I'm so meticulous when it comes to my kitchen supplies (I think they've noticed that) that I'm afraid letting other people use them will ruin them. 

Anyhow, my turkey turned out beautifully.  I should have taken a picture.  The bacon that I shingled on top of it turned out to be a beautiful dark brown.  And the cornbread stuffing...OH MY GOSH.  I think I'll probably be making that more often...even though it won't be the same since I won't be cooking it inside a bird (and then technically it would be considered dressing).  Oh man.  Stuffing is my favorite part of these holiday meals....always.

We had In-N-Out for dinner tonight.  I added grilled onions to mine for the first time ever.  They put far too many on the burger.  Every time I come home I have In-N-Out at least one time.  I'm always trying to figure out whether I like In-N-Out or Five Guys better.  I think I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that Five Guys has better burgers while In-N-Out has better fries (and milkshakes).  The jury is still out though.  If anyone reads this...what do you think?  In-N-Out or Five Guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment