Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Will they make it?

I'm sitting in the Dulles airport right now...waiting for my flight to San Francisco.  I'm ready to see CA again.  I miss it.  I don't miss the government but I miss home...my friends, my family, the weather...

I am a little concerned though.  I'm sitting here with some of my Christmas presents in my backpack.  Homemade reindeer corn (candy corn in red and green instead of yellow and orange).  Three 8 ounce bags.  I keep pulling the bags out to make sure they aren't all stuck together.  They are.  I know I can spread them out on a cookie sheet when I get home so they can dry out (again)...but I'm concerned they'll be TOO stuck.  Will I have to go buy something real quick for the 3 people who are suppose to get the reindeer corn?

Ugh.  Woe is me.

On another note.  I'm making the Christmas turkey this year!  Smothered in sage butter then covered with shingles of bacon and basted with a maple and honey sauce.  It is going to be absolutely delightful. I got the recipe from Tyler Florence when I went to the Metropolitan Food and Entertaining Show in DC a couple months ago.

This is the recipe (minus the bacon): http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/oven-roasted-turkey-with-sage-butter-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment