Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gordon Ramsay Cookalong Live

My roommates and I were forced to move stuff around in our apartment today.  They are replacing our carpets tomorrow so we had to remove everything from our bookshelves and dressers (etc) and place it all in our bathrooms and kitchen.  This means our stove, cupboards, sink, dishwasher, and yes, even the fridge are all inaccessible.

So, my roommate (Amanda) and I ordered pizza (Kate is in Japan....and packed all her stuff up on Sunday).  I feel spoiled though.  Not because of the pizza.  The pizza wasn't very appetizing.  I got a job at a restaurant that celebrates the farm to table philosophy....the whole sustainable food movement is absolutely wonderful.  I've been able to try some of the food at the restaurant and it is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL.  I only wish I could afford to buy such wonderfully fresh and delicious ingredients so I could cook for myself like that.  As much as I like to claim to be a food snob...my budget doesn't really allow me to be a food snob all the time.

Anyhow, we finished moving our shit around 7:30pm or so.  She's gone now...spending the night at her boyfriend's.  I'm exhausted and my eyes are about to shut themselves but I must stay awake for this show Gordan Ramsay is doing at 9pm!

It has started (obviously).  All I can say right now is he seems a lot more friendly that he does on Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.

I will be at that point someday.  Professional chef.  Chef Cara.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment