Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm addicted...

Food.  That is my vice.  Ok.  It isn't my ONLY vice.  But it is quickly becoming the one thing my life focuses on.

Culinary school started in July and this quarter I took Foundations and Fundamentals.  Chef Lipford asked us to keep a journal and write in it each week.  I didn't keep up with it very well (I often had to go back and think about what we learned).  All I do, and all I've ever really done (before culinary school started too) was find new, exciting recipes to try.  My passion lies in food.  I love working with my hands and putting ingredients together to concoct works of art out of simple ingredients...a dash of salt here, some saute'd onion there, a splash of wine over there.

I watched Julie & Julia for the first time last night. Naturally, it inspired me to start my own blog.  And so, here I am, starting probably the third blog of my lifetime (possibly fourth or fifth).  The first few were all political...and those didn't last long.  This one though will focus on all things culinary...and perhaps a few other things will be thrown in.  Maybe I'll post everyday, maybe every other day...maybe twice a day....who knows?

In the meantime...bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment