Friday, April 16, 2010

Gazpacho


It's suppose to be a golden gazpacho made with yellow beefsteak tomatoes.  But, alas, we had no yellow beefsteak tomatoes in class tonight so it ended up being an orange-colored gazpacho.  Apparently all that money I'm putting toward school doesn't actually buy anything we need for class.

On a happy note, the gazpacho I ended up making turned out delightfully.

I substituted Roma tomatoes for the yellow beefsteak tomatoes, added half a jalapeno to give the soup a kick, and threw in some basil leaves while I was at it.  And instead of garnishing with sour cream and diced green bell pepper (the pepper that I hate most), I garnished with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some basil chiffonade and a sprinkle of bacon (because everything tastes better with bacon).

Things actually went right for me in class tonight.  I'm only working the lunch shift tomorrow.  And I've got the entire weekend off to do as much HW as possible before my next class.  AND, on top of that, my friends are awesome with all the encouragement to continue on with my AA.  (For all who have given input and encouragement, thank you.)  Things are starting to look up!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment