Monday, April 19, 2010

Mini Burgers!

I was sitting at Cosi this afternoon doing homework with Erin.  I finished everything and was reading through my Google Reader and saw a post about burger joints on a blog that I read.  Of course, this inspired me to make burgers for dinner tonight.

And then I started to go through some old posts that I had "starred" in Google Reader and found some more recipes (the intention was to find side dishes).  I started making a grocery list: ground beef, burger buns, onion, bacon, tomato....you know....the basics.

As I continued reading my Reader, the list grew.  Soon, I decided to make Pistou-Crumbed Creamed Spinach.  (Which, by the way, is DELICIOUS.)  And then I found a recipe for a green sauce that accompanies this chicken recipe.  There was this plantain recipe too. (Which I didn't end up making because Harris Teeter didn't have the right plantains.)

And of course, I'm sitting in Cosi getting all excited...mouth watering and everything.  OMG, I'm drooling. Like, I literally could not sit still because I was so excited about the delicious dinner I was about to have.

Anyhow, as it turns out, Cara is pretty damn good at making burgers.  Caramelize some onions.  Grill some bacon in the cast-iron grill pan.  Toast some slider buns.  Make some burger patties, throw them in the grill pan (with a little bit of bacon grease)....cook each side for about 4 minutes.  Throw everything together.  Plate.  Eat.  Satisfaction.  OMG I want more.

It's been awhile since I've actually cooked a full meal.  Totally worth it.  And all those veggies.  I feel so healthy.  What made it even better was that I got to play catch up with an old friend too!  (Two old friends if you count the fact that Mark came over after Abby and I had already finished eating.)

Sorry, no pictures.  We ate everything before I had a chance to take pictures.

There's one burger leftover for tomorrow's breakfast...because, yes, I do eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast.  I am awesome like that.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment