Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Get the Hell Out of Dodge

I'm reconsidering the path I'm taking in school.

I enjoy culinary arts VERY much...but I'm wondering if going through the trouble of getting an AA is really worth it.  Why don't I just get my diploma (certificate?) in baking and pastry and call it a day?  Cheaper, faster, and probably more fun.

Or maybe it's just this quarter that is wearing on me already.  The kitchen we're in this quarter is so cramped with people and the setup is terrible.  I literally have to walk 3 yards toward either end of the room just to get to the other side of the table where the refrigerators are and then  I have to walk 3 yards back toward the opposing side of the room to actually REACH the other side of the table.  There are never enough ingredients for the recipes we're making and well...the kitchen is lacking in small bowls, smaller pots and pans, and well...just about anything else you could think of that you need.

Supposedly the kitchen is set up for the a la carte class...to be like a kitchen line.  I bet those students hate the classroom too.

It shouldn't be so hard to get through one recipe.  Oh, we ran out of an ingredient?  Either do without or wait 30 min for the instructor to go find more.  Usually we are made to do without.  Terrible terrible terrible.

Maybe it's the whole lack of energy from not having a day off since last Monday (4/5) and the anger of not having time to REALLY focus on my homework between last week's classes and this week's classes is what was doing it for me.  Luckily, I have the whole weekend off.  Let's pray that the R&R this weekend will do the trick and bring me out of this slump.  Otherwise, I am seriously considering just getting my diploma (certificate?) and getting the hell out of dodge.

Ok.  I need to get out of this mood.  It's been with me since the beginning of the quarter...which was last Tuesday (4/6).  Any suggestions on how to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment