Thursday, April 29, 2010

American Cuisine Week 4: Tex-Mex Cuisine

Mexican Wedding Cookies

I gave in.  I HAD to do the dessert this week.  I love making cookies.
And, of course, there were difficulties with this recipe as well.  First we didn’t have softened butter, so we had to get some softened.  Then the butter was too soft.  So the too soft butter was put in the freezer. (And it took far too long to get to where I wanted it, if you want my opinion.)  While that hardened up a little, I helped my group members do any prep work they needed for the recipes they were working on.
When I finally got the cookies into the oven, I was afraid they would flatten out and not stay in ball form.  They did flatten out a tiny bit, but after looking at pictures on the internet, they turned out exactly how they are suppose to (THANK THE LORD!).
After much discussion with a few group members, we decided to present them with a cup of coffee.  These cookies are probably my favorite thing so far this quarter.


No comments:

Post a Comment