Thursday, April 15, 2010

American Cuisine Week 2: Floribbean Cuisine

Ceviche of Gulf Shrimp with Floribbean Slaw
Well, my group’s ceviche didn’t turn out so well.  The shrimp began to “cook” but by the time we had to present, it was definitely not even close to being done.  I wouldn’t even let Chef try the slaw that was underneath the shrimp.  Instead, I brought over a side plate of the slaw for him to try.
Chef suggested putting the ceviche back in the refrigerator overnight to see how it turned out the next day.  I think the oil we put on it at the last minute stopped the shrimp from cooking.  It’s too bad too.  I was looking forward to trying it.
Our Floribbean Slaw had papaya in it to add a bit of a different flavor and because there was no yellow squash.  I think we were missing a few other ingredients as well, but we made due with what was available to us and the slaw turned out fantastic.





















Golden Gazpacho post to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment